Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Post Blog # 16- Journal Entry on page 426

When a person is about to attend college or is currently attending, there are many effects- either positive or negative. When I attended Suffolk Count Community College in the fall of 2006, it was a very different atmosphere for me than my own high school. Friends and family are very significant when enrolling into a college because being able to meet more friends show that you want to continue getting to know more of them. I lived with my family because I do not dorm, but for those who do, they perhaps will call home everyday, when they have time, or even visit them. Attending Suffolk County Community College did have an effect on my relationship with my family and high school friends.
During college, being with the family changed completely than that of high school. In college, I am home less often, always tend to be doing work either in-bewween classes, or prior to the start of classes, and have less time to "help" at home. My fmaily is still in a good relationship with me and wish me to keep up the wonderful work. My parents, especially, always ask me if I am doing well in my classes, always look after me, and sometimes pay attention to see if I am doing all the work. My sister is always there for me if I need help in doing homework, especially English. College made my family focus more on how well I am doing in the classes, asking for help if needed, and being able to take my time and understanding the materials the professors teaches.
The first day I entered Suffolk County Community College, I realized that there were many of my high shcool friends who graduated with me in June 2006. I know all of the high school friends; however, being able to introduce myself to new friends was very simple. I still meet new buddies and go on with my life; on the other hand, I still have several high school buddies that are nice. I would try to introduce the new friends to my old friends and discuss variety of topics. Over the three semesters, I met many great friends here at Suffolk County Community College and still looking forward to remain friends with my high school ones.
There were many effects- either positive or negative- that influenced me when I attended college in the fall of 2006. College is a time when one cannot forget thier old friends; in that, they could remember all the fun times they had together. One who is outgoing, like me, tends to introduce themselves to new people. College also affect how one can dorm and live by the campus, while on the other hand, one can commute. I, however, commute to and from Suffolk County Community College and still have a close relationship with my family. I also meet new friends from my campus and sometimes introduce them to my old ones (high school friends).

No comments: